Location: Patton House
Teacher: Merry Cox
Merry Cox has been scheduled for workshops in March, 2004. Because of the pre-stitching
involved, the deadline for registration for these workshops was June 15, 2003. Registration
for these workshops is now closed. Merry will teach the assembly of these two kits
during each of the teaching sessions. That means that all stitching has to be completed
before the class meets next March. Since there is so much stitching involved, she
would like to send the kits to attendees by the end of June. Therefore, Kathy Bourne
needs to receive registrations at the May and June meetings or by mail before the
middle of June. Members will find her address in the Guild directory.
Cox will teach her “Sailor’s Huswif” on Saturday, March 13, 2004. An antique huswife
made by a sailor in the 1800’s inspired Merry to create “A Sailor’s Huswife”. The
antique huswife has plain satin fabric in the outside. For the outside of your huswife,
Merry has designed a lovely flower vine and wrote an original verse which you will
stitch cross stitch, rococo stitch and over one in 32ct line. The antique has pockets
on the inside embellished with beads, mirrors and trims. Merry has designed the inside
with a ship at the top back-stitched in black to resemble scrimshaw. There are four
pockets, two of which have mirrors like the antique, but have the added beauty of
needlework. The kit includes all stitching and finishing materials and exclusive scrimshaw.
- The kit price for the Huswif is $140.
- The teaching fee is $35.
- Registration deadline in June 15th.
- The kit must be paid for by the registration deadline.
- Checks and registration form should be sent to Kathy Bourne by June 15th.
- Two checks must be sent: a $140 check made out to Merry Cox for the kit and a $25
check made out to the Lake Michigan Sampler Guild for the deposit.
- The $25 deposit will be applied toward the teaching fee.
- Please write the name of the class in the memo field on your checks.
- Please email questions to Kathy Bourne.