Care and Mounting of Textiles
Teacher: Carol Harrison
|This workshop is a program designed to provide participants with practical information
for use in producing quality needlework and for making a professional quality mount
for their finished pieces.Participants in the workshop need to provide the following materials.
- One finished piece of needlework that is clean, pressed, blocked and ready for mounting.
- A piece of acid-free mat board, also known as museum board, cut inch greater than
both the vertical and horizontal dimensions of the piece to be mounted.
- A piece of neutral colored 100% cotton fabric that has been washed, well rinsed and
pressed. The fabric should not have any folds or wrinkles and must be 2 inches greater
than the vertical measurement of the mounting board and 2 times the horizontal dimension
plus 2 inches.
- Thread to match the ground fabric of the needlework.
- A regular sewing needle and a fine curved needle.
- A small ruler such as a clear quilting ruler.
- Scissors and a thimble, if desired.The guild will provide any additional equipment needed.